• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select Between Markers in The Adobe Prel Universe

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without wanting to have to state the obvious, Adobe always wants to do things differently; in Prel, I want to select.

We all use mobile phones, today's exemplar: you see an object or text: you press and select it; you take an action, say, copy.

PCs have been selecting something and choosing an action for decades.

Can I do that in Prel: set a couple of markers, and select between those markers?

(Can I even swipe across some video and select that?)

I wouldn't have thought anything could be easier than that, but in the APrelU...

I most certainly don't want to go around cutting material into clips and copying cut-up pieces of video - for such a fundamentally, simple, uncomplicated, need.

Hours of reading tells me that you can't 'join a cut', undo a cut, you performed a while ago. (Lately in Pro I hear there's a 'rolling split' or something, that can be undone..)

I might have missed something.

Can I select some video?

Appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody is holding your feet to the fire.  If the Adobe tools don't make you happy, there are a half dozen other choices in the under $100 market that edit video.  I've tried a couple of them and found them more trouble and less capable than Premier Elements.   If you prefer the "pro" level tools, go for it!  I prefer to spend my money on cameras and lenses. 

About selecting.....Without splitting anything, you can drag the end points with you mouse and then drag over the clips.  There are also work area markers that can be used for output. 

You are right that you can't undo a split.  You can relocate the end markers of a clip as often as you want.

Most NLE systems, including Premiere Elements are not destructive to original files.  They are not cut up into pieces. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The three-point edit you are describing is a professional feature that is not available in Premiere Elements.

It is a feature of Premiere Pro CC, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hours of reading tells me that you can't 'join a cut', undo a cut, you performed a while ago. (Lately in Pro I hear there's a 'rolling split' or something, that can be undone..)

Its called Join Through Edits only in PPro.

Steve:

not sure OP is describing three point edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines