• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set a Font for Default Text Premiere Elements 14

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Titles and Text > Classic Titles > General, I extensively used the "Default Text" to add text to my videos. Been doing it that way for some time. I had to reformat my machine due to a corrupted Windows 10 update, so I'm in the process of rebuilding the system. I get Premiere Elements 14 installed and when I fire it up to start working on a previous project, it's changed all of my text to the first listed font in my System Font folder which is a 3 of 9 Barcode font.  I can't delete this font because I use it for rendering labels for work. I am not sure how to get PE to use a different default font. Is there a file I can edit somewhere or registry setting?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Title Adjustments, go to Styles. Right-click on a Text Style and you can make it your default font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that and it doesn't seem to have any effect on the "default text" box or changing any of the pre-existing text overlays I've made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found the solution. I was having the same problem. After I set a default text style, I would drag and drop a new text box to the editing bar and my preferred default style was not appearing. It's how I've always added texts to my timeline. After watching one of Steve's videos on YT, I saw how he (and probably everyone else) adds text to their videos by simply clicking on the top bar "text" option. After adding text this way, my preferred default text style showed up. Little late to the party but hope this can help others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

When I do this and go to insert a new title, it correctly displays the new Default text style. However, as soon as I start to type any text, it reverts to the old default style.

For example, on PE 2021, the default text style for 1280x720 is Adobe Arabic size 150. I've set the new default to  Adobe Caslon Pro size 115. As soon as I type any text into the pre-set "add text" window, it reverts back to Adobe Arabic 150. If I change the Style back to my new default, it will change the font to Adobe Caslon Pro, but will keep size 150. I cannot seem to get a default font and size to stick! Any suggestions? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't know why that would be. It might be worth uninstalling the program and reinstalling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines