• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting transitions to 0, and working with short clips

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Premier Elements 18.  When I try to add a transition (for example, Cross Dissolve) I sometimes cannot set the duration to 0.  1 second is the lowest it goes.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  My clips are very short so the 1 second duration makes the video blurry because the transition is too long.

Is there a better way to work with very short (3 - 5 second) clips?

Thanks for any help on this,

Novice...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I show you in my book, you can type in, for instance, 0.50 (be sure to include the 0 before the decimal point) to set the duration for under a second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your response.  I tried that but it doesn't work.  For some reason the minimum duration time is 1 second.  It does not seem to be a software installation problem because it happens both on my Mac and Windows 10 computers.  Sometimes I can set it to 0 other times I can't.  I have not figured out when it works or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait. What? You're setting it to zero?

There's no such thing as a transition with zero duration.

Though I was mistaken. You also can not set duration to less than 1 second. I was thinking of a different editing program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can set transitions to 0 duration even though it does not make logical sense.  The 0 setting is smoother than no transition but more crisp than a 1 second setting (at least that is what I perceive).  Premier Elements just does not allow me to do it all of the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and I found that you can set the transition to any value less than below 1s simply by dragging the edges of the transition indicator in the timeline to the desired length. Manually entering a numeric value does not work, but dragging the edges works. Afterwards, you can check the exact transition length by hovering over the transition so that it show its properties. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this saved my day, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines