Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shake Reduction Error

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a small project where I used the shake reduction feature on a few clips. I was able to export the project once but now every time since, it gives this error:

shake.png

The clips themselves don't claim to be working on shake reduction and I can preview the entire project with out the blue line that says "shake reduction in progress".

I've tried about everything I can think of including deleting the shake reduction from every clip in the project but it still gives this same error. I've closed and reopened the project. Checked project settings. Waited a couple hours with the project open. Even restarted my computer.

Is there anyone that has the same problem and got it figured it out? Or anyone that thinks they know what my problem is?

Thanks in advance,

Wes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

If you opened a project that had Shake Reduction applied to any clips, then in Pre 2018 you will not be able to export and share, as you have found out. You will see the Shake Reduction message with no way to continue.

If that is your case, you can try what I posted in another discussion about how to fix the problem (maybe): Export problem Premier elements 2018

Robert Johnston

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the program are you using on what operating system?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what is this video's format and resolution? How long is the clip you're trying to stabilize?

If you look under the program's Edit menu and select Project Settings, what is listed on the General page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply,

I'm running the 2018 version on windows 10.

The footage actually came from 2 different camcorders: Canon G20 and Canon XA25. Both shooting HD 1080 @ 29 frames/second. I have about 5 short clips (long range shots) that I'm trying to stabilize not longer than 10 seconds.

Here is a screenshot of my project settings:

shake2.jpg

Thanks agian!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue. I cannot export a project that I used shake reduction on a few clips. I eventually replaced the clips with ones that did not have shake reduction added; I still get the message and cannot export. Now there are no clips with reduction that I can see but PE18 thinks there is. Help! Please.

P.S. To answer Steve Grisetti's question: I am in Premiere Elements 2018, Windows 10, The camcorder was a Panasonic of some sort (pathetic thing, got rid of it). Clips initially stablized were less than 25 seconds, it is shot in 1920 x 1080, editing mode hd1080i, 29.97 fps. I get the feeling that there may be another clip I applied it to but there on not clips on the timeline that have the violet shake reduction banner. Is there another way to identify any suspect clips?

Thank you.

Kevin Schoen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you opened a project that had Shake Reduction applied to any clips, then in Pre 2018 you will not be able to export and share, as you have found out. You will see the Shake Reduction message with no way to continue.

If that is your case, you can try what I posted in another discussion about how to fix the problem (maybe): Export problem Premier elements 2018

Robert Johnston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, very interesting! So I create a project, use Shake Reduction, save and close to finish later and next thing you know I can't export.

I did remove all the shake reduction, save and close, restarted premiere, re-applied shake reduction, and then was able to export again.

So lesson learned I guess. Shake Reduction is the last thing you do before exporting. Seems to be a bug - I hope they have an update to fix this in the future.

Thanks for your help guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I am going to make and edit the video then in the end doing the shake reduction.

let's see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines