• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shake Reduction Purple Banner

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with the Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 version and I've used the "shake reduction" option on a few clips but those clips now have a purple banner across them that say "Click shake reduction to start again" or "Frame not analyzed for stabilization; click stabilize." I even exported and saved the video to my computer and watched it back in my files and those banners are still there. How do I get rid of those purple banners with text?

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you applied Shake Reduction, was the program activated or were you/are you using the free trial of the program?

The purple banner indicates that an effect or render was applied when the program was in free trial mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program is activiated as far as I know! I purchased it this December so...Additionally, only a few of the clips I applied the Shake Reduciton to have the banner. Some don't display it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the program's Timeline menu and select Delete Render Files for All Projects -- then restart the program and re-open your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does "restarting the program" just mean exiting out then opening it back up? Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm not too tech-savvy! Also, thank you greatly for responding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Exit and then launch the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20200517_180942.jpg20200517_181017.jpgIt didn't work unfortunately. I do get a pop up when I open Adobe Premiere Elements back up and it says I have a free upgrade to the 2020.1 version. If I were to install the update do you think it might fix my problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, one more trick.

Go to the directory folder where you have the .prel project file that includes this segment.

Delete the folder called Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files as well as the folder called Adobe Premiere Elements Video Previews. Then launch the program and render your timeline by pressing your keyboard's Enter/Return key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe Premiere Elements Audio Previews folder and an Adobe Premiere Elements Video Previews folder but not a folder that's just "Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files." I deleted both of those just for the heck of it and it didn't work...any thoughts.? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually now that I look at your screenshots I can see that this purple banner has nothing to do with whether or not this is the trial version of Premiere Elements. My apologies.

Your issue could be one of two things:

1) The issue may be that your video does not match your project specs. That will keep the program from stabilizing your video. The easiest test for this is to look at your clip on the timeline. If, before you add any effects to it, you do NOT see a yellow-orange or green "render" line above the clip along the top of the timeline then you have a match. I see you have yellow-orange lines along the entire top of your timeline so this may well be the case. 

2) I could also be that the content of your video clip doesn't allow for stabilizing. In order for the program to stabilize your clip you must have elements that are common the whole way through your clip. In other words, this is video of driving down the road or walking across a room. The central object or objects in the middle of the video remains fairly constant. This central object is what the program uses to create the motion keyframes.

That said, I'd bet your issue is option 1. To troubleshoot that, first open one of your MVI clips in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text of this reporr to this forum. We'll need these specs to see if your project settings are matching them -- or if not why not.

Also, what model of camera or camcorder are these MVI clips coming from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20200519_145515.jpgIs this where I should be? Also, I recorded these clips with a Canon VIXIA HF R82

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not if you're trying to general a video spec report for me. That comes from MediaInfo.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

But you say your video is from a Canon Vixia? Those should be simple AVCHD files, then. I wonder why they're not showing a standard .mts suffix. How did you get them from the camcorder to your computer?

And please do give use the MediaInfo report. We need to determine if it's the video specs that are the problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try clicking on the garbage can in the shake reduction tool. I had the banner indicating that my clips did not match the project settings and this worked. Crazy thing: I searched and searched for how to get rid of that banner, and nowhere did I find this advice, even though that wretched banner has troubled so many people. You'd think it would be in the instructions. What a waste of time! Anyway, I hope others having this kind of problem find this, that's why I'm posting on such an old thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines