• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shake Stabilizer stuck at Initialization

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Elements 2020, many clips can not be stabilized because the progress indicator text just does not get past "Initalization...". At some clips, Stabilization works within seconds. On a 30 seconds long clip (FullHD 30fps) I've waited for thirty minutes, without passing the "Initialization" state. So the issue cannot be because of long clips. There is no difference whether I pick "Fast" or "Detailed".

My PC is running Windows 10 and is able to run PE fluently. Premiere Elements is installed on its latest version, as there are no updates available (Version 18.0 (20200130.daily.2070236)).

I already tried a reboot and a restart of PE, and tried to remove and add Stabilization again, without results. I appreciate any help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the source, format and resolution of your video? To effectively use shake stabilization, Premiere Elements generally has to be working with a video format that matches the project settings. If you're seeing a yellow orange "render" line on the timeline above your clip before you apply the stabilizer, it may not work well if at all.

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response!
Yes, there is a yellow render line throughout my whole project. But when I go to project settings -> General -> Frame Size, there is set 1920 as horizontal frame size and 1080 vertical, which is exactly the format of all the clips used. The clips were recorded with a Samsung Phone, and are in MP4 format.

It's strange that at some clips, it works flawlessly, while on others it doesn't, as all clips have been filmed with the same device, without different settings. That's why I think that this might be a sort of bug.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an experiment, start a new project and put one of those video clips on the timeline. Do you see a yellow orange render line above the clip?

If you don't, try applying the stabilizer to it. If you are succcessful we can look at ways to make this happen  in your current project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting. I opened a new empty project and put one of the clips that were stuck at initialisation in there. There also is a yellow line above the clip, but when I applied Shake Stabilization, it straightaway worked.

Edit: Tried further - turns out if I pull the problematic clip out of the "project assets" into the timeline once again, and apply Shake Stabilisation on that, it suddenly works. Guess this is my workaround then: Just newly pull the clip into the timeline.

Thanks for your help. If I should provide any information for someone looking into this problem, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines