• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut for delete without closing gap / ripple

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to delete clips without causing the other clips to move to close the gap?

When I just use "delete", all the clips will move to close the gap. I don't want that. I want to keep the gap. So, when I use "shift+delete", I am able to delete a clip without closing gaps. This is good! However, if I go to the keyboard customization settings I see that "delete and close gap" is done by "shift+delete", while when I press "shift+delete" it does not close the gaps. How is this possible? I am a bit confused by these shortcuts and therefore not able to change them the way I want. 

I would really like to just press "delete" (and not "shift+delete") to remove clips wihout closing gaps, so without the other clips to move. Could you please help me to set the keyboard setting right?

Thank you very much in advance!

Ps. I tried changing the keyboard settings to:

Delete = shift+delete

Delete and Close Gap = delete

but that didn't change how the program reacted to me using delete or shift+delete. Other keyboard changes did work. 

Adobe delete.PNG

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right-click on the clip and select Delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines