• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart tone system hang

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I use Auto Tone, whether I customize it or not, my Mac hangs and I have to force it to quit.  Short clips, long clips, doesn't matter.  I have no idea why.  Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That feature normally works.  It is one of the features that requires a little extra work for the computer.  So, the first guess without knowing more detail, is that your computer is not up to the task or the RAM is being used by other programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iMac has 24 GB of ram and a 3.5 gHz processor, and my activity monitor says Premiere is barely using any of it when it hangs.  No other process seems to be using much either.  I have a few plugins but I'm not using them on my current project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Premiere Elements are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, version 2018 does not have a universal flaw in the smart tone function.  Something else is going on.  Someone here, maybe even me, might be able to figure it out.  To do that, you'll have to offer details about everything from the computer, the files, the source, the project, etc.

So far, all you've said it is a Mac and what version you have.   That's not enough to go on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry--I went away from the forum and sort of forgot about this! 

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 11.17.06 AM.png

Most often I'm using imported/digitized VHS movies.  I use VIDBox which imports them as QT .mov's.  I have no idea what the compression rate is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the space of a lifetime, three months is nothing!

Inside a software generated .MOV can be a lot of variables.  Premiere Elements can be bit picky.  It is intended to work well with common camera generated files.   Transcoded VHS movies are not in the list of what Premiere Elements tries to handle. 

Without knowing more, I would probably try using (the free) Handbrake program to try and convert them to some sort of more common MP4 version.  There may be some guessing and "trial and error". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use XnConvert, but that's an idea; I'll try it on the next project and see if I have the same problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines