software advice

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am admittedly not tech savy. I have converted old home movies to an SD card. I am looking for software that is relativly easy to use to download these into my computer and edit them somewhat to inprove the quality. As in sharpening and or brightening or darkening. Im really wanting to finish the process so I can show them to my 86 year old mother before her time comes. I would appericate any direction I can get about getting some appropriate software?

Thanks So Much,Sue

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements will do what you want http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

I have a LONG list of you tube tutorials here...

http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith/PrE2021.txt

This is a plain text file, so copy-past the links into your web browser

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Though if you want absolute simplicity, it depends on the operating system you're using. Windows 10 users have an excellent program called Video Editor built into their operating system that is easy to use (though I've got tutorials for it on YouTube if you need them). 

You don't say much about how your old home movies were digitized or in what format and resolution they are, but that's very relevant. Premiere Elements, like a lot of video editors, can be picky about editing non-standard video. Windows Video Editor is much better at working with odd and non-standard video formats.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines