• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software tells you there is not enough storage

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I was rendering/exporting a 3 hour video. The software said the exported file would be 19GB, and I had 47GB left on my drive. Turns out, that to create enough files, there needs to be more space to create such a big file.

So I have a feature request. When you start to export a video, it should calculate the amount of space left on your storage and should be able to tell you beforehand whether or not the video will render. It's a small thing, but it can be extremely frustrating to wait 6 hours for a video to render, then be super excited to watch it, then see it non-existent.

I understand it's about user error to see that there's not enough storage, but sometimes we don't always check how much storage we have, or we think we will have enough space, when in reality, we don't (like my case).

Simple feature for an annoying problem.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

I'm sorry about your frustrations, but three hour videos are not the common use for Premiere Elements!  That said, the better place for feature suggestions is here:  https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_premiere_elements

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry about your frustrations, but three hour videos are not the common use for Premiere Elements!  That said, the better place for feature suggestions is here:  https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_premiere_elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines