Highlighted

Sony Camcorder Model CCD-TR818

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to convert old family videos to dvd. Just need to save them to my computer, but first I need a program that can see them on my computer. I have a S-Video output cable with a USB-2.0 that connects to my computer but it is not showing up in my Premiere Elements 12. Would you be able to tell me if it's supported?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sony Camcorder Model CCD-TR818

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to convert old family videos to dvd. Just need to save them to my computer, but first I need a program that can see them on my computer. I have a S-Video output cable with a USB-2.0 that connects to my computer but it is not showing up in my Premiere Elements 12. Would you be able to tell me if it's supported?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 11, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture in Premiere Elements 12 is only supported by Firewire.

See if something in this thread helps:

muvipix Community • View topic - Wow!, do I have a problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob is right. Premiere Elements 12 will only interface with a miniDV or HDV camcorder connected via FireWire, a connection which is rarely found on computers these days. Which is one of the reasons Adobe quit including DV capture facilities with Premiere Elements after version 12.

Since you've got an analog camera, I'd recommend using a third-party USB-based digitizer to capture your video. The device and software I recommend in this tutorial will give you great results and the video will edit easily in Premiere Elements.

Capturing tape-based video for editing - YouTube

If you buy the device in the tutorial, I've got a companion tutorial that shows you how to set it up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0