• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony DCR camcorder, Firewire and Adobe Premiere 2021

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to download video from my Sony DCR camcorder using a firewire connection, but Premiere Elements doesn’t seems to recognize the device.  I can play video using WinDV.  Doing a Google search (I am new to Adobe Premier) it seems like in previous versions you cannot use a firewire and Adobe Premiere to download video.  Is this correct?  Is it best to use WinDV for all video?  I have about 20 cassettes worth of video I would like to download.  Is the quality using WinDV good or is there a better option?  Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firewire capture has been removed from Premiere Elements since version 13.

You can use these programs for capture:

For DV: WinDV   WinDV

For HDV: HDVSplit   HDVSplit 0.77 beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob:

Thank you.  I am using WinDV and it works.  Hower I took a cassette with ~2hrs of video and instead of 1 large avi file, WinDV broken in up into 10 or so smaoller files.  Somwtims the break is mid video.  Is that common?  So can I use Premiere Elements to rejoin the segments?  Thank you for your help.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your hdd needs to be formatted to NTFS.

Other formats dont except files over 4 gig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann.  Thanks.  When I right clock properties of the hard disk it states it is NTFS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK there might be a setting to turn off timestamp cutting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used http://www.scenalyzer.com/ and it works well, do change the default Fat32 to NTFS setting inside the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Increase Max AVI size (frames) in Capturing from DV device tab in Configuration settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Christopher15C2 What cable did you use?  Is it 1394 to USB?   Was it a regular laptop or any extra piece of hardware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines