• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony RX10 IV 4K video import

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m buying a Sony RX10 IV camera and trying to decide if I upgrade my Premiere Elements or buy other video software that is compatible with importing the 4K video.  I don’t want to use conversation tools so I guess my question is whether Windows Premiere Elements can import the UHD 4K video formats? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That cam shoots in XAVC 4K and AVCHD HD, which are both formats that are compatible with Premiere Elements.

Assuming your computer is up to the task, of course.

If you're planning to shoot and edit 4K, I recommend a processor that rates at least 8,000-10,000 on this chart.

PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a Trial-Version of PRE 2019 for Windows 10 to try Import GoPro Hero 6 movies (H265 / 4k-movies) PRE give back the Information there is a codec missing to Import the movie. Is it possible to get that codec or is H265/4K only working with PRE 2019 in OS-Verions?

Additional Information - the PC-Performance is high enough to work and the test clips are running on windows media Player.

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tanjar6766526  wrote

GoPro Hero 6 movies (H265 / 4k-movies) PRE give back the Information there is a codec missing to Import the movie.

Here is what GoPro says:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/hevc

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-convert-gopro-hevc-videos-to-h-264-using-handbrake

And a nice video explaining it:  Hero6 footage not working? Here's why and how to fix it – HEVC H265 explained - YouTube

There appears to be a few choices for Hero 6 owners:

1.  Convert from H.265 to H.264

2.  Change setting in the GoPro to record H.264 footage

3.  Use software other than Premiere Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 2019 can not edit H.265 video and there is no way to load the codec into the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines