Highlighted

Sound & Video not in sync

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently recorded 1 1/2 hours of video at my daughter's dance school with the intention of producing a DVD for the other parents.

When I downloaded the video from the camera it was split into 2 clips each 45 mins (this is how the camera software works and has never caused a problem).

I created a project using the first clip and after editing I was left with a perfectly pleasing result, however when I then created another project using the second clip I found that when watching the children singing, the voice and video was slightly out of sync. I tried watching the clip on the laptop using 'Films and TV' and it was fine, I also tried creating a project using the same clips in my old Windows 7 laptop using Premiere Elements 11 and the issue was not present so I conclude that something in Premiere Elements 2018 is introducing the issue.

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions as to how this could be resolved. (Please note that I have rendered the work area).

I am using:

Panasonic HC-V100 camera, file type: m2ts

Dell Inspiron Windows 10 laptop

Premiere Elements 2018 - project settings: PAL AVCHD - Full HD 1080i 25

I previously used Premiere Elements 11 (since 2013) and never experienced this type of issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sound & Video not in sync

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently recorded 1 1/2 hours of video at my daughter's dance school with the intention of producing a DVD for the other parents.

When I downloaded the video from the camera it was split into 2 clips each 45 mins (this is how the camera software works and has never caused a problem).

I created a project using the first clip and after editing I was left with a perfectly pleasing result, however when I then created another project using the second clip I found that when watching the children singing, the voice and video was slightly out of sync. I tried watching the clip on the laptop using 'Films and TV' and it was fine, I also tried creating a project using the same clips in my old Windows 7 laptop using Premiere Elements 11 and the issue was not present so I conclude that something in Premiere Elements 2018 is introducing the issue.

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions as to how this could be resolved. (Please note that I have rendered the work area).

I am using:

Panasonic HC-V100 camera, file type: m2ts

Dell Inspiron Windows 10 laptop

Premiere Elements 2018 - project settings: PAL AVCHD - Full HD 1080i 25

I previously used Premiere Elements 11 (since 2013) and never experienced this type of issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 12, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you get the video from the camcorder using Premiere Elements' Video Importer rather than using a third-party program?  There's no way for us to know what the camera's software is introducing to your video.

When you first add a clip of this video to your Premiere Elements timeline, is there  a yellow orange "render" line above the video? This indicates that the program is not able to read and match the video specs to the program's project settings.

RenderLine.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried getting the video in the manner you suggested but still had the issue.

I looked for an orange line but there wasn't one.

I'd be grateful for any other suggestions please

Thanks

Simon

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2018 0
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you used the Video Importer to get the video from your camcorder and it still plays out of sync?

If so I'm just not sure what more to advise.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

That's disappointing as it leads me to conclude that it must be a bug in Premiere Elements 2018 (as I previously mentioned, the issue isn't present on my old laptop using Premiere Elements 11) therefore please would you let me know how to report it for investigation by the development team?

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I resolved the issue myself and thought I'd share the solution in case any other users experience this.

The key is not how I retrieved the clips from the camera but the fact that they were split by the Panasonic software. I found a piece of (free) software online called MUXER which seamlessly joins video clips together. I used it to join the two parts that the camera software had split then created a new project using the joined file and... problem solved.

So, although this had not caused a problem when I have used a previous version of Premiere Elements I now know how to cure it if it happens again in Premiere Elements 2018.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2018 1
Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact via chat.

Contact Customer Care

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2018 0