• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Splitting audio from video

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just evaluating premiere elements (trial version). Is it possible to split video from audio trak in an imported clip? If yes, how to do it?

Thanks

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

There are a number of ways.

Easiest is to right-click the clip on your timeline and select either Delete Audio, Delete Video or Unlink Audio and Video.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of ways.

Easiest is to right-click the clip on your timeline and select either Delete Audio, Delete Video or Unlink Audio and Video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and they are still linked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I right click the options arr not there to unlink or delete one or the other???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I right click the options arr not there to unlink or delete one or the other???

By @Deborah30158169trlm

Windows or Mac?  Which Premiere Elements version?  Where is the mouse pointer when you right click?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 Premiere Elements 15
I've tried placing the cursor everywhere to no avail. I have made 3 movies
with this program and it worked. I have no idea why it is not working or
how to fix it. Any help would be so appreciated..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't fully understand why, but when Adobe software, including Premiere Elements, begins to act strange it can be fixed by "resetting the preferences" at startup.  You can read about how to do it here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/preferences.html#:~:text=To%20open%20the%20Preferenc....

As mentioned there, one common easy way to do it is to hold down the Alt key while you start the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pier luigil82978826 wrote:

I'm just evaluating premiere elements (trial version)..........

What do you think so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems very friendly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick and easy. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this option is no working... maybe it has been removed from teh software since....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. It's there and has been in at least the last 10 versions of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

weird... not on my computer. no right click options pop up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is also under the Clip menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that when you right-click on a clip on your timeline you don't get an context option menu?

Right-click.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

His question is on Adobe Premiere ELEMENTS, not pro. So a right click on the timeline just shows cut/copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I have the same problem. I'm in Adobe Premier Elements 14 (not on trial version) I don't know how to split audio from video. I am also wondering if, once you've split it, you can save the audio by itself? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem. I am wokring with video files that have multiple audio tracks and, while rush obviously only shows one track, when I click on the clip and then click the "seperate audio" button literally nothing happens. I don't know what else to do but I'm desepraetely wanting to say within the adobe ecosystem for editing between me and my partners and adobe rush would be a perfect method...but if I can't figure this out I may have to go to davinci for their new funciontality on the ipad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that when you add a video clip you see ONE video track but multiple (eg 5) audio tracks for that clip?

If so, it sounds as if you recorded in Dolby 5.1 mode rather than stereo.  I did this once by mistake and had to run the clips through the free Handbrake.fr tool to convert the audio from Dolby 5.1 to stereo before adding these converted clips to the timeline in Premiere Elements.

I then made sure my camcorder was reset to record in stereo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I recorded in sterio but to 3 audio tracks. I do this so that I can edit audio more effectivly. I don't see three audio tracks in Rush but I can hear all three. My problem is that I cannot seperate the audio from the video track. I only mentioned those other details in case they were important to the cause of my issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines