Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Splitting program into two parts

Explorer ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Premiere Elements 12

Is it possible to divide your project program into two part series when it goes over two hrs. in length.  If I can keep the time to about an hour per dvd disc the quality would be clearer.

Thanks,

Gil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe.  A DVD menu structure may get in the way.

I'm on a new version and can't tell you precisely where to look.  But, find the Work Area Bars and set them for the first portion.  Then when you output there will be a small check box that says something like "Render Work Area Bar Only".  Then do it for the second portion. 

You may have to output an intermediary file if the check box is not available in the DVD menu.   Then put the intermediary file into a new project. 

An alternative is to do a Save As in your project twice with names like FirstHour and SecondHour.  Then open those projects and cut out the unwanted parts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the late reply, but thank you for the different options you gave.  I will give them a try and see how they pan out.

Thanks again,

Gil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome!  Please post back with results when you have them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not clear on "Auto Save" why I need to enter in the number of versions to save when I'll be opening the same project countless times?

Thanks,

Gil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't suggest "Auto Save" which is an automated backup system.  I suggested "Save As" into two different projects.  One would be the first part and the other would be the second part. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines