• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Start or Play button on Title

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to place a "start" or "play" button on my opening title screen so the video doesn't start as soon as I insert it into my dvd player.

I don't need sub menus, markers, or any other options.  Just a simple start button below the title text so I have a chance to sit down before the video starts.  I have searched the web and adobe sites and cannot find a simple answer to this simple question.  Is it doable?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a start button, you do want a menu page. It's really the only way a DVD disc will wait for you to sit down.

No need for scene markers or anything else but a main menu with a Play button on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.  I slightly misstated my question.  I understand I need a menu page, (is this the same as a title page?), but I don;t know how to actually create a button that says "Play".  Or is the title on the screen "clickable", and that starts the video?  I am new at this so thanks for the patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you add a Movie Menu, this menu will include a Play Movie button. Burn this as a DVD and your DVD will start with this screen. When you click the Play Movie button, the movie will play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for the help.  I did insert a movie menu and was able to accomplish what I needed.  Just one more thing,

I don't seem to find an audio volume adjustment for the menu itself.  It plays a default audio, which is fine, but how do I adjust

the volume of just the menu screen?  The rest of the video is already where I want it.  The audio controls I used for the body of the video don't appear when the menu screen is in the preview box.

Thanks again for your patience and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't control the audio volume of your menu's music or sound in Premiere Elements.

You don't say what the audio is (Music? audio from your video? something else?) but you may need to adjust in using a third-party program like Audacity.

Meantime, have you assured your Premiere Elements movie's audio is at the right level? In my books and tutorials I urge people to open the Audio Mixer from the Tools menu or at least switch the Timeline to Audio View so that you can ensure that your movie's audio is set to the right level. Too low is not good -- but if your movie's audio peaks in the red, you can get over-modulated audio, which sounds like a broken speaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, thanks once more for your timely and helpful advice. You've provided the clearest and most concise explanations I've seen on the net or even in Adobe's help pages. Re your advice on the sound levels, I do use the audio mixer and the results are very satisfactory.  I appreciate your knowledge and patience.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve's books are available on Amazon.  I highly recommend that you take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the kind plug, Bob!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines