Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop motion

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I would like to do stop motion in premiere elements, but I was just wondering if there was anyway that when you import the photos that they all automatically come out at the same length (e.g. 1/18th-1/24th of a second)? Or, if there was a way to adjust them all to the same length after importing them at the same time, rather than going through and individually adjusting them all separately?

Cheers, Ed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

BEFORE YOU IMPORT YOUR PHOTOS into your project, go to the program's preferences (under the Edit menu on a PC) and, on the General page, set Still Frame Duration.

Once this preference is set, any stills you add to your project will be at that length when added to your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BEFORE YOU IMPORT YOUR PHOTOS into your project, go to the program's preferences (under the Edit menu on a PC) and, on the General page, set Still Frame Duration.

Once this preference is set, any stills you add to your project will be at that length when added to your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve.

Thanks for the tip, really appreciate it, very helpful. Can't wait to rip into my new stop-motion project.

Cheers, Ed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could help. Please mark this question as answered, Ed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve's approach is ideal. 

If you are still following, an alternate is the Time Stretch tool.  You can select all of the stills on the timeline, engage the Time Stretch tool and they will all change playback length together. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But I can't seem to get a time less than 1 second. I'll enter it, say 0.06 and it reverts to 1.0 when I tab out of the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines