• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stutter, flickering playback and missing frames

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,  took 20->30 videos with my Fuji FinePix S8300.  Download, created a project in Adobe Premiere 2020.  Added several clips to the timeline and had no problems with them.  Just one clip is giving me fits and its properties match the others with small exception of the data rate and the total bitrate (which isnt much, all my clips have different bitrates and such but there all pretty much close to each other). The file is .MOV with frame rate of 1920 and a frame Height of 1080 + frame rate of 59.94 frames/secnd.  

Adobe help (Troubleshoot video files in Adobe Premiere Elements) suggest that i start a new project with that one file and manualy chose a different setting.  The closest thing i have to .mov might be a AVCHD 1080p60 but thats just a best guess.  

I am able to salvage the first few secnds of the clip but after that it gets weird.  Never seems to playback the same way twice (once our halfway thru the clip).  I also can seem to step thru frame->frame to find that specific frame where my subject smiles and winks at the camara.  I guess it could be many things but i sure would apprecate any suggestions.  thx

thx wolf

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what you've written, my guess is that frame rate is greater than the project settings frame rate.  With that, your computer is struggling with creating the previews for video editing.  We could try some preference setting changes, but converting the single file might be easier.  There is a (free) program called Handbrake.  It should be able to convert your .MOV file to match your Fuji files.  

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help.  I'adobe premiere elements 2020 - properties of 40_DSCF0063 test.pngm a novice so this is all somewhat new to me.  I checked out 

a video on how to use Handbrake 1.1.1  and I think i'll probably use one of the preset's (easier for me)  I've included a screen image print of the properties of the file that's giving me a bit of a fit (properties pretty much match all the other 15-20 videos i've taken with this camara).  Of the general presets listed i was planning on using one that matches the frame rate of the video i had taken.  outside of that I'm a little lost as to which one might be a good choice.  Could you advise.  thank you again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my instructions for creating a perfectly editable format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve and Whasprague. 

Thank you very much for the reply.  I'm not very knowledgable on such things as Knowing what the correct frame rate is; what the right resolution is and what a codec is.  So if you could suggest a book (for someone thats gotten their feet wet with Prem Elements 2020, but still has a lot more to learn about video editing), i would be most greatful. 

With a little help from my spouses IT guy, i was able to bump up my RAM from 8 to 32 GB DDR3 and added a video card NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 with 1 GIG of something.  

My stuttering (and rendering) problems are gone! No more flickering playback or missing frames. 

Before installing Prem Elements 2020, i made sure that my system meet the min requirements but that cost this Newbie a whole lot of grief.

So much to learn.  Appreciate more feedback.  thank you so much

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines