Highlighted

Switching from desktop to laptop for editing

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been editing on a circa 2009 MacPro with four 800GB HD's in a RAID configuration. It's been a reliable beast but it's getting old and I'm thinking about switching to the newest MacBook Pro with 3.1GHz quad-core 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz  -  whatever "Turbo Boost" is - almost sounds like getting "true coat" on your car.

The friendly Apple people assure me that the laptop will work fine editing full-length feature films in 4k RAW.

Has anyone made the switch? And if so, what are your thoughts?

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Switching from desktop to laptop for editing

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been editing on a circa 2009 MacPro with four 800GB HD's in a RAID configuration. It's been a reliable beast but it's getting old and I'm thinking about switching to the newest MacBook Pro with 3.1GHz quad-core 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz  -  whatever "Turbo Boost" is - almost sounds like getting "true coat" on your car.

The friendly Apple people assure me that the laptop will work fine editing full-length feature films in 4k RAW.

Has anyone made the switch? And if so, what are your thoughts?

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2017 0

Have something to add?