• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System no longer creates files longer-than 8 to 12 minutes long (despite fully processing a 2-hour video file)

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,
I have Adobe Premiere Elements version 13.1 using a Mac G-4 (2010 Version) tower currently running OS 10.9.5 software.
(I CANNOT UPDATE MY MAC OS SOFTWARE)
I have NEVER had any problems processing or uploading long 2-hour-plus .mpg video files with my system before today.
I have tried several times to render and create my latest long files and I'm encountering the same issue.
The system will show that it is processing a FULL VIDEO FILE and indicate it will take 7 to 8 hours to complete.
(That's OK... That's what it will normally take to process these HQ 1080p files)
When the files have been completed, all I have is a short file averaging anywhere from 8 to 12 minutes long.

Yes...
I have closed the program and restarted the computer a few times.
Yes...
I have highlighted the entire timeline field for rendering and processing.
No...
There are no other outside clips or items outside the work area, only what's needed for the 2 hour video.
Yes...
I have at least 100 GB of disc space left on my Mac G-4.

How do I fix this?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried outputting a 5 minute movie from your footage -- just to see if it's the footage or the length that's the problem?

Also what model of camcorder is your source video coming from and what is the video's resolution and frame rate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Steve,

I finally resolved this issue myself by processing an mp4 file in the AVCHD process instead of in the mpeg process.
The two hour files processed correctly as an Mp4 file.
So,
I switched back to the mpeg setting and processed my music videos as I usually do.
The HD video processed THIS TIME with no problem.

There is some sort of bug in the system.
That's all I can determine, here.

Thanks for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines