• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

technical question

New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 14, and I am trying to edit a project.  However, I cannot import video clips.  It is not recognizing my

Sony VTR.  I am using firewire to import into my computer and Adobe Premiere Elements.

Michael Floyd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help. Please call me at [phone number removed]

Michael Floyd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You phone number has been removed, this is an open forum, not Adobe Customer Care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the felling!  There is no customer service.  Maybe you can "buy" customer service from Adobe, but I have not seen that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firewire capture was removed from Premiere Elements starting with version 13. 

I've never done it, but understand there are workarounds.  Some are listed here:  Removed features and unsupported file formats | Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Another is using a free program called "WinDV"  WinDV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it gets even more complicated because you're trying to capture analog VHS video from a VCR.

Plus most likely your computer doesn't have a FireWire connection. Virtually none made in the last five or six years do.

That said, I'd recommend you capture your VCR tape to your computer using this kind of cheap USB-based hardware and the software that came with it. I assume it will capture in MPEG or MP4 format, either of which you'll be able to edit in Premiere Elements.

Amazon.com: Top-Longer USB 2.0 VHS to DVD Video/Audio Capture Device Support Windows 10 or Mac OS X-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Customer support has always been extremely helpful in my experience. But you have to contact them via chat.

Contact Customer Care​

However, support is only available for current versions of the programs. As with any software developer, they do not offer free support for older versions of their products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines