• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text options grayed out Elements 12

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Elements 12, and I'm trying to distribute evenly 7 lines of text (each it's own asset), but when I highlight the text, all the options under Text are grayed out, except "Text" at the top. How do I get them to not be grayed out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't quite figure out your procedure.

Can you post a screen shot?  How is the "text (each it's own asset)" created? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the screenshot. When I highlight the stack of text items on the right, the "Text" menu is grayed out2018-02-02_12-30-35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up a stack of just two titles on my machine that is a few versions ahead of yours.  The simple answer is that you can only work with one title at a time.   On my machine, I can select a title, work on it and select another title for more work.  As soon as I select two titles, the entire tool set does more that gray out.  It disappears! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why does Adobe give the instructions I've been trying to use if they don't work?

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Arranging objects in titles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know!  I'll check out your link and see if I can make sense out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It took me awhile!  The stack of text items is a stack of separate titles.  Is not a stack of "objects".

Withing the title tool is the ability to add "objects" of shapes or images to one or all of those separate titles.  Those are the objects referred to in your link to the instructions about "Arranging objects in titles".

What do you mean by "distribute 7 lines of text evenly".  Maybe I can help.  Can you do a screen shot of the monitor showing how you are trying to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines