• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text tool - what are two large frames for?

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PE 15. With the text tool, in addition to the small frame at the center where you enter your text, there are two larger rectangular frames, one within the other. What exactly are these for? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

It  may be the Title Safe and Action Safe guides.

ac_safe_margins_sm

See here:
Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Designing titles for TV

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear what you're referring to.

Are you working on Premiere Elements, in the Title Adjustments area? (PE15 could also refer to Photoshop Elements.)

Are you working on a particular title template?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It  may be the Title Safe and Action Safe guides.

ac_safe_margins_sm

See here:
Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Designing titles for TV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that's what they are. It's not clear to me why there are separate margins for titles and action, but I don't think either applies to what I usually do. I think I will just opt to not have them display.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be you're right, Bob! In which case he's likely talking about the content and text safe margins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note that all TVs cut off a bit of the edge of a video frame. So, if you don't use Safe Margins and you don't stay within the text safe area, there's a pretty good chance your titles are subtitles are going to be cut off.

That's why I ALWAYS keep mine on. Especially when I'm creating graphics or titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are there two areas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Bob illustrated, the outer is for content. In other words, if there's something important going on in your video, it should be inside the outer frame.

The inner frame is for text. Any text you place in here will be visible on any TV without risk of being partially cut off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines