Highlighted

The Expert view timeline zooms unexpectedly. Confused with Steps

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having issues with the timeline. When I click and drag clips it zooms in and is basically worthless because I can't see where I am putting the clip. I believe my exact problem is this:

Expert view timeline zooms in when dragging clips | MacBook Pro, retina display

However I find the last couple of steps confusing. Which file am I replacing, the one in the frameworks folder? Also what contents exactly am I replacing? And is the "ZIP File I extracted earlier" The one I downloaded?

EDIT: I just replaced the files and now my Premiere Element won't even open. I just lost tons of work if I can't fix this.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The Expert view timeline zooms unexpectedly. Confused with Steps

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having issues with the timeline. When I click and drag clips it zooms in and is basically worthless because I can't see where I am putting the clip. I believe my exact problem is this:

Expert view timeline zooms in when dragging clips | MacBook Pro, retina display

However I find the last couple of steps confusing. Which file am I replacing, the one in the frameworks folder? Also what contents exactly am I replacing? And is the "ZIP File I extracted earlier" The one I downloaded?

EDIT: I just replaced the files and now my Premiere Element won't even open. I just lost tons of work if I can't fix this.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 12, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say which version of the program you're using on what operating system.

This has been an occasional issue on Macs, though it's much less of an issue in newer versions of the program. OS Sierra, on the other hand, has introduced a whole bunch of new issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! I am using the OS Sierra. I am using Elements '10. Maybe it is time I upgrade.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brianl41697858  wrote

Maybe it is time I upgrade.

Historically, Adobe has released new versions in September or October.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the other day I was looking and Premiere Elements '15 was 50% off. I woke up the next day getting ready to order it and it was back to full price. At that price I think I am going to wait for the new one to come out if there is one on it's way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2017 0