• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Oct 2019] Premiere Elements 2020 is now available!

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PRE2020_TimeLapse_Video_1920x1080.png

Welcome to the future! The Elements team is proud to announce the release of Photoshop & Premiere Elements 2020. You can update to the latest version by going here.

Premiere Elements 2020 introduces new Guided Edits to help you create stunning, unique effects on your videos. One teaches you how to create a dynamic timelapse for your edit, which you can see above, another will help you animate static skies into eye-catching landscapes. See some examples below! 

PRE2020_Animated_Sky_1920x1080.png

There are also some new additions that will improve the quality of your finished product. Noise reduction will make your videos more crisp and get rid of any grain that you see on an image when it's taken in a low-light setting. Raise video quality by adding the "Reduce Noise" effect to your videos.

pre2020_reduce_noise1920x10801.png

To get rid of the black background on either side of your vertical video, we implemented a Guided Edit that will help you fill the frame to create a dreamy, cinematic effect! It's never been easier to create professional-looking keepsakes of all your treasured moments.

PRE2020_Fill_Frame_1920x1080.png

There are a few more features available in Premiere Elements 2020 to help improve file organization, workflow, visual effects, and more! Dare you to go find them!

For more information on new features, go here

To see if your computer meets the requirements needed to use Premiere Elements 2020, go here

If you really want to know the app from front to back, check out our User Guide!

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BD Authoring seems to be missing again. Very sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BD authoring will never be available again.

As for DVD that is now only availble on windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea if PE2020 can handle VBR footage?

It's not mentioned in the promotional material, but I know it was a problem in PE2019.  I bought - they refunded!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Yes, PRE 2020 supports VFR media. You may refer to this link: https://www.adobe.com/in/products/premiere-elements/features.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing you mean VFR variable framerate opposite to vbr variable bitrate.

Cannot test, but guessing not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - I do mean VFR. I've just found mention that it does, so it may be worth a demo....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought 2019 last year, I'm now running the 2020 trial. I can't get it to import H.265. I've tried the support page tips, delete cache etc. Does anyone have any tips? 

Windows 10 1903

Elements Organizer 18.0.0.0
Core Version: 18.0 (20190827.m.136736)
Language Version: 18.0 (20190827.m.136736)

HEVC problem.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that, it's shown (not very clearly) in my screen shot above from Oct 25. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Have you considered uninstalling and then reinstalling the extensions as shared in the article shared by @Steve_Grisetti?

Let us know if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mick, you wrote "I have that,..."  You asked for tips and suggestions.  I wish I had an actual answer!

As soon as version 2020 came out, I installed it and tried HEVC footage.  It didn't work.   I bought the $.99 codec.  It still didn't work.  I took the codec out and put it back on.  I tried a few reboots.   I'm not sure what exactly happened, but now it works.   My guess is that the Microsoft store had two.  One was free.  I think it mitght be that the free one got installed and had to be replaced by the $.99 version.   

My (weak) tip is to uninstall the codec, go to the Windows store and reinstall the $.99 version.  I think it will remember you purchase.   It shouldn't be this way!  It should work out of the box.  

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have installed the codecs and the PSE apps a few times.
I used the built-in windows 10 system restore. That restored the system to a point in time before HEVC stopped working but didn't fix the issue, I was still unable to import HEVC.
The only solution I found was either a complete reinstall of windows 10, extreme, I know. Better was a full restore of a full system image. I now backup daily.
That is quicker and much easier than a full OS reinstall.
My long-term solution is to never shoot in HEVC, all HEVC files I have, have been converted to .264 using Handbrake.
I now don't care if the HEVC issue reappears. Adobe support don't seem to care either. Everyone’s happy, sort of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea.  This is awful.  By purchasing the stupid M$ app I got the video to import, but now the problem is the preview locks up almost immediately when I try to play it in the timeline.  Installed the latest driver for Intel Iris Graphics 540 (good enough to handle HEVC in any other program).  Tried with hardware acceleration on and off in preferences... makes no difference.  Don't know why I even upgraded.  APE 2018 had everything I needed sans HEVC support.  They got my money though so why would they care.  Pffffffft....  Has ANYONE gotten HEVC/h.265 to actually work?  Probably an issue with Windows OS being a pain in the ass to interface with, but still for a $100 the product should do what it says it will.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the preview locks up almost immediately when I try to play it in the timeline

That might be a different issue. Beware: if able to play the file in WMPlayer does not mean it will play in an editing program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Has ANYONE gotten HEVC/h.265 to actually work? "  

Yes.  At first no.  I think what "fixed" it may have been uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft $.99 codec.  Now it works quite will with H.265 footage from a Samsung S9 phone.  

I'm sorry you can't get it to work.   I'm a user/customer so can only offer the opinion that Adobe cares as much as a big corporation can.  Adobe makes a free trial available for potential buyers to test before money is spent.  Adobe also has a refund window of a couple weeks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H.265 might be turned off during trial (like PrPro) but not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the same, I did a check with a new Windows 10 install and a trial version of Photoshop and Premier Elements 2020.

H.265 video and HEIF photos work in the trial version as long as you have the 3rd party codecs.

Also, if you don't want to spend money on the video codec there is a free version.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/whats-the-difference-betwee...

UPDATE 26th Dec 2019

We have reported the issue to the Engineering as we are now able to reproduce it on some machine even after trying the steps mentioned in the helpx article.

Regards  Adobe Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 6th Jan 2020

Hi

We are still waiting a confirmation on fix from Engineering about the issue. 

So far, we came to know that it is due to some hotfix update from Microsoft which created the issue.

I will keep you posted if I get any information from them.

Regards  Adobe Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're sorry for the delay! We have identified that the issue permission related and it happens when there are more than one HEVC extension installed.

You may follow the steps mentioned here to fix it.

Let us know if there any questions.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as this product would also read prores files, I would consider this "future here". So far it is only "future" sadly. It is a nifty product but this codec is really missing to make it really great and usable in a webbies environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to read prores and cineform but this has been discontinued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not the future . Is a nightmare . I have a high end pc and this product uses 24 Gb of ram and 100% of 16 cores CPU  for minutes of a time just to browse a video. Its an outrage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I've just built my new PC, as of Jan 2021: AMD 5600x, 32GB RAM, Samsung PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 980 PRO, and Organizer now works. It does use a lot of rescourses when doing the facial recognition, also, when playing a video it doesn't use the GPU, it's all CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does this new version not support iphone HDR videos?  I tried it and it doesn't.   And please don't tell me that its a CODEC or plugin issue.  I spent hours with customer support on PME 2022 until they finally admitted that it didn't work and that it would be fixed in a future update.  Adobe Rush and Adobe Media Encoder on the same PC can import them just fine as well as "Clipchamp", the video editor that comes with latest update to Windows 11.  You should advise iphone users that they will NOT be able to edit their videos unless they convert in another program.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines