Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The project appears to be damaged

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help me .

I opened my computer to work in premiere project but i don’t find my project in my hard drive , i tried to search it but I did not find it it was deleted. I tried to recover the project file from recovery program and was recovered but the project file is size 0KB and when I open it show me message : the project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you work on a project, all files used in your project are relative ones. In other words, the files that you drag into Premiere Elements are not "loaded" into PRE, but instead pointers are used to point to where the file is stored. If you move a file from the pointer position, it will make the project look "broken." However, all that's happened is that either your PRE file or one or more of the project files has been moved. In planning a project I try to first put all of the project file and the PRE file in the same folder and be sure when I first save the PRE file, it is saved in that folder; not the default one that may be deep within the file structure.

If you put all of your files in their original location, everything will work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't move any files I'm working on original folders the problem is the project file is removed i don’t know How ? and I did recover it but the size of project file is 0 KB and does’t work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version of the program was the project created in? Are you continuing to work on it in the same version of the program?

Have you installed a Windows Update recently?

Within the same directory folder as this .prel project file, you'll find a folder called Premiere Elements Auto-Saves. What happens when you open the most recent auto-saved version of your project from this folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines