• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The spinning rainbow wheel of death..... help!!!

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mac desktop and can't figure out why Pr Elelments contiunes to crash over and over. I just purchased the software but becoming very fustrated with not being able to dive into the workings of the software due to the frequent crash eposides. Anyone with insight on how to solve this problems I would really appreciate it. Thank you. Tried various forums and reaching out to Adobe customer service but haven't recieved a response.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macs have been having problems with these products since the introduction of the Sierra OS operating system. I assume you're using a post-Sierra OS like Mojave. (I have no problems running the programs on OSX El Capitan.)

Much depends on much. Like the specs of your system (though most current iMacs have plenty of power for editing, some lighter system like Airbooks might struggle with it). Also where is the video coming from that you're trying to edit? If it's from an iPhone, for instance, it may be video that uses variable frame rate compression, which can cause a number of issues for most video editors.

How much do you want to dig into this issue? If you can't get it to work on your Mac, you may want to contact the vendor you bought it from asap and ask for a refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Which version of Elements, Mac type and Operating system do you have?

That will help people answer. I just bought an old Elements, 10 to run on my Mac Pro Tower, OS 10.6.8.

It works but I get the beach ball periodically.  This Mac has 8 CPU's and 8 gig of memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blackfish,

Why did you buy a six year old version and where did you find it? 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ebay.

I have been using Wondershare for a lot of

video editing and rendering jobs and its great.

We got a professional (sic) video of a performance shot.

Its 1:16:00 long. Wondershare won't handle the high res

version. Elements does a decent job of rendering and allows

you to make DVD's which we wanted for promotion.

There are all vintages of every software available on Ebay.

I got this for 13 bucks. And FYI, we hate Adobe software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blackfish99  wrote

......I got this for 13 bucks. And FYI, we hate Adobe software

I guess that pretty much says how you feel!  I hope your project works out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

It actually did a good job on the DVD.

Since its a consumer product, you can't tweak

some settings but thats okay in this case.

We have an older Mac Pro Tower with 8 cpu's

and 8 gig memory that we use with Pro Tools.

So it was a good fit for that task.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avid's Pro Tools are certainly out of my league!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro (new) and every time I try to add a text edit I get the spinning rainbow of death. it sucks because I end up losing ALL of the work I had done up to that point.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gregb84524469  wrote

I have a MacBook Pro (new) and every time I try to add a text edit I get the spinning rainbow of death. it sucks because I end up losing ALL of the work I had done up to that point.....

First, since this is an old thread, consider starting a new topic with detail about your computer, the footage, camera, etc.

What version of Premiere Elements are you trying to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm running into the same problem. Working with a MacBook - which I regularly use for editing but not in this program. The computer doesn't freeze but the program is. I have the 2019 version. I have no idea how to stop the freezing but if you go into the preference and settings, you can change the auto save to one minutes so you don't lose as much work. I figured this out after rebuilding parts of my video three times in a row. Just put in "autosave" in the search bar and you'll find it in the program. Hope that helps and Adobe gets the glitches worked out soon for both of us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines