• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ticked open up in photoshop but not working

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased and installed Premiere Elements 2021. A day later I bought and installed Photoshop Elements 2021

I'm pleased with them especialy as I have had the pro/full versions (albeit older versions) in the past and they compare very well. However  on a premiere elements job I was working on, I wanted ot extract a single frame. I learned how to do it and during the process I noticed a check box ; open up in Photoshop. see attached image.

I thought that would be useful shortcut. So I ticked it. However Photoshop does not open and so obviouslydoesn't open that frame with it.either

Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

I think you have it.  Export the JPEG to a known folder, go to that folder in Explorer, right click the file and open in Photoshop Elements.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just answered my own query   🙄🙄

On re-reading, the tick box text reads edit after inserting... if you click the button to insert 'into the timeline' then it does indeed open that frame in Photoshop Elements. 

I had not tried that before as I don't really want that frame inserted into the timeline,; I just want the frame taken out to use somewhere else as a photograph. I can go back to the timeline afterwards and delete the inserted frame/s but it is not ideal especially if you have multiple tracks on the timeline.

I may have to do it the long way unless someone has another way/ suggestion?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have it.  Export the JPEG to a known folder, go to that folder in Explorer, right click the file and open in Photoshop Elements.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a solution i can work with .. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines