• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time line not complete

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Premier Elements 14 for well over a year with little or no problems. However , recently I have been having an issue with my editing timeline not showing my complete movie. For example  , I will pull a 48 minute video from one of my computer files and send to elements for editing. What I get is several minutes not being shown on my timeline . So instead of a 48 minute video , my timeline will only give me 44: 53 or 46:30 , you get the idea.

Any ideas on what could be causing this malfunction ?

Would greatly appreciate any input on this matter !

Thanks ,

Dave B.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved... Asking about Premiere Elements in Photoshop Elements doesn't work... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the project settings?  What are the video file details?  Do they match?  Did the footage come from a camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for helping me on my Adobe Premier Elements 14 problem.You asked what are my project settings . I am not sure exactly what you mean by project settings.Secondly , you asked me what are the video file details / and do they match ? I added the media to my project from my files and folders. Example : the readings from the particular video from my folder reads M2TS file , 1.06 GB  Length 48:10 . After pulling it from my video folder to Elements it read : M2TS file , 1.06GB ,  46:26 . NOTE THE SHORTER TOTAL  TIME. All my video footage comes from my Canon XH-A1 Digital tape camcorder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll find your project settings under the Edit menu, on the Project Settings/General page.

Are you saying that you have a 48 minute video taken directly from a camcorder?

What processor do you have with how much RAM? How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping to add to Steve's reply.....

There some possibilities.  I am not sure.

One is that they two different measurements are being taken differently by the different programs.  The folder manager sees it one way and Premiere Elements sees it slightly differently.

Another is that you've got your project set up for 29.97 frames per second and your video was shot at 30 frps.  Both are common settings.  If it plays normally, I would not be concerned.

Project settings are determined when you start a new project.  It can be done manually or automatically.  The idea is to get it to match the footage of the primary camera.  If not matched strange things can happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My processor is a Dell Optiplex with 10.9 free of 224 GB which is in windows ( C)  AND local disc ( E  ) has 1.80 T.B. 's free of 1.81 T.B."s. . I have 8 GB'S of ram. My camera tape is transferred to computer thru " Viva Station " software to computer hard drive. Since the very first time I started editing with Adobe Premiere , I have used the exact same method that I am currently using. And again , I had no problems whatsoever with timelines or anything else until recently. When I first was experiencing this timeline issue I suspected that I was running low on storage space . I subsequently went to my computer guy and had him install the two T.B.'s and double my ram from 4 GB to 8 GB's. What I suspect  is happening now is that every time I transfer video from my camera to my computer , Viva Station is sending it to my already overloaded C drive.. Does that make any sense ? How can I transfer files from my C drive to my new E drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/worldwide+now  wrote

My processor is a Dell Optiplex with 10.9 free of 224 GB which is in windows ( C) 

You really need more than that for Premiere Elements to run properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Bob. The very limited amount of free or "scratch drive" space on your hard drive is certainly a big contributing factor! (I would never work with less than 50 gigs free -- and I try to keep at least 100 gigs free and defragmented. Though, if you're on an SSD, the fragmentation isn't going to be an issue.)

Another is Viva Station. I have no idea what kind of files that product produces or what the characteristics of that video are. So it's a bit of a wild card.

Also note that Dell Optiplex is not a processor. It's a line of computers which could be using any of several processors -- so it's hard to say if that too is contributing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines