• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline moves to end when hovering over right side edit panel

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Elements 2018 with Windows 10.

I have started using the program with no difficulties but all of a sudden now whenever I move the cursor over to the right side tool bar (trying to hover over the "transitions" or any other tools, the timeline starts to move to the end and will not stop. So now I can't see what I was working on. Don't know how to get rid of this glitch(?).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to the problem - hovering the mouse on either side of the monitor (left or right and within one inch of the side) would cause the timeline to move either left or right but not the CTI. Same thing for a much smaller project I was working with. Turned the program off and on and it had no effect.

But now, the next day and after shutting the computer off overnight, the program seems to be back working the way it should.

Does this mean the problem has been solved or answered???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rgs07  wrote

Does this mean the problem has been solved or answered???

Maybe.

I wonder if your mouse or keyboard had a stuck button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No stuck button as far as I could tell as other programs were working fine.

Kind of wondering if I had created some kind of overflow somewhere with all the work I was doing that morning that might have messed up the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your "overflow" idea is not logical to me.  More likely is the stuck keyboard or mouse.  My mouse is optical.  I've had to clean it with compressed air a few times to stop mouse drift.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines