• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline Playback of only GoPro 60 FPS 4:3 causes distortion in PE 2020 (Other HEVC work)

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I drop 60 FPS GoPro footage at a 4:3 scale it is distorted in PE 2020. See image. All other versions of HEVC or 60 FPS footage works regardless if it is Iphone or GoPro as long as it is not 4:3 scale and 60 FPS. Weirdly specific error. 

Please help to overcome this error. I purchased PE 2020 after having purchased 2019 just to overcome the HEVC conversion to Handbrake issue. It is weird that only a file in those dimensions has issues. Yes, the handbrake conversion process of the files with issues fixes it.

Untitled.png

To be clear, I am running PE 2020 in a very capable editing desktop. I just purchased PE 2020 so that I can edit HEVC footage. All of my footage works fine. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When I drop 60 FPS GoPro footage at a 4:3 scale it is distorted..."

Is it the first clip in a fresh project?  What are the project settings?

If you send me the clip via DropBox or similar, I'll see if I get the same result.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to one of the clips. As you can see in the thumbnail. It occurs to any clips that are 4:3 aspect ration and 60 FPS HEVC on my computer.

I've tried on a fresh project, continuing project, and all at different timeline settings. So I've tested every variable. However, my current project settings are the standard QFHD 16x9 23.976 setting. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-OFn1TYZ0RH6z44Xu3PwQBd8W3fjOXAu 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

picture two.png

picture 3.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try interprete footage PAR 1,333 on the clip.

You need to be aware that gopro used an odd resolution.

You wont be able to use Warp Stabilizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was still appearing distorted after trying that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for taking so long.  I got your clip hoping I would discover something useful.  I did not find any difference in how it worked in my copy of Premiere Elements.  It is probably not a good solution for you, but it will open in Premiere Pro.  image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying to help. I hope it will be fixed in a future update. I will contact adobe and hope for some support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines