Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline render doesn't appear to work?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have premiere elements 2018 and have loaded a GoPro Hero 3 MP4 video to the timeline but I'm having difficultly getting it to render for playback in the editor. Whenever I press the Render button it just starts playing the video for a bit then stops, presumably as far as the render has gotten, but with no indication of how long the render will take or how much progress it has made or even an acknowledgement that it's rendering anything. I've got the Word Area draggable handles spanning the whole video.

I'm sure there used to be a coloured line just under where the timestamps are but that no longer appears. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the issue, I'm running on a Windows 10 machine.

I looked under Project Settings > Video Rendering and the two drop downs for file format & compressor are greyed out. Now sure if that's of any use to know?

Any help would be appreciated as I'd like to start editing some videos I've taken this year!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?