• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Titles gone upon export

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I seem to have a rather unique issue. I browed the community, but couldn't find my exact issue, so I hope someone here can help me out.

I made a video a while back and exported it. It contained titles and texts. All was well. Today, I decided to change something in the video, so I opened the program, cut something out (that's all I did--cut out maybe 5 seconds of videoframe), saved it under a new file name and then exported it under a new file name (it's really the same name with a 1.1 attached).

After the export, when I open the new video, suddenly my titles are gone. The text in the video is still there, but the beginning title and end title do not show. Instead, I get a few seconds of black screen until the video starts and a few seconds of black screen after it ends.

I tried rendering. I tried moving the titles into different Video sections. None of that helped. (I should mention: I also have an image attached to the titles on a separate video line, but they don't show either).

When I go to export, it all shows fine in the little box titled "output preview".

I'm confused why a previously perfectly fine video gets title screwup from nothing more than me cutting out a few seconds of videoframe....??

How do I get those titles to come back?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can guess at a few possibilities.  But, without knowing more, they really are guesses.  

-You may have started the project "awhile back" in an earlier version of Premiere Elements and then opened it in a newer version.

-You may have output using the work area bar limits.

-Your "titles" may involve source files that have been moved or deleted.   

Screen shots of the timeline, output settings and more details would help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, thank you for your response.

I only own Premiere Elements since Christmas 2020, so I doubt the version changed between creating the video and changing it. By awhile back I meant no more than three or four weeks. Sorry for the confusion or lack of clarity!

No source files have been moved or deleted since. I can be very certain of that.

Attached is a screenshot of the output settings. I'm not entirely sure what you are referring to about the work bar area limits, but if I do understand correctly, I do not have that checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add: the screenshot is taken after I'd moved the titles and texts up a video level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't really tell much from your screen shot. We can't see the part of your timeline where the title is located or the playhead over it.

Can you post a shot of the timeline without the Export & Share screen over it?

Also, can you include the JPG in your post by clicking the Insert Photo button along the top of the window where you type your response so we don't have to download it to see it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I was under the impression you wanted to see the export window.

here is the screenshot of the beginning of my timeline, and the screenshot of the end of my timeline, so you can see both the beginning title and the end title. Again, though, I had the items you see in video 3 originally in video 2, and what you see in 2 was in 1 before. Either position didn't make a difference.

Adobe Screenshot 2.jpgAdobe Screenshot 3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, here are screenshots of beginning and end of the version that works just fine (the file before I cut out the video frame). In this version, I still have the titles in the video 1 and 2 strips.

Adobe Screenshot 4.jpgAdobe Screenshot 5.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have something above what looks like the title.  What is it?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the helpful screenshots. 

I certainly don't see anything at all that would cause the titles not to show.

Can you post a segment of your video that includes the missing title to YouTube and then link to it so we can see what how looks when output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When output, it basically just shows (in place of the title) a black screen until the video starts, and then a black screen after the video ends. If after this description you still want to see a segment of my video, I can take the time to set that up for you. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, that would be my logo, which I put in the title. It was the only way I could find to put my logo in the title...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see the output of the last 10 - 20 seconds of the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I set out to getting you these 10-20 seconds of video. Because of what Bill had said in his first reply, I looked into work area bar limits. I had no idea you could do something like that! So I moved the work area bars to envelope just the last 10-20 seconds and exported it as "work area bar only." When I looked at that 10-20 second video, my exit- title showed!!! So I moved the beginning area bar back to the start and exported the whole video with "work area bar only" limit set. Now the video is perfectly fine!!!

How strange! Any idea why this happened the way it has?

Thank you for helping me fix this. I do not understand what happened or why, but I'm happy now. If you still want, I can upload the problem video, and you can simply just watch the first or last 20 seconds. But my problem is solved, even if I don't understand what happened, so it's up to you if you want to invest your time further.

Thank you both so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elisabeth,

"How strange! Any idea why this happened the way it has?"

Good work and thanks for posting that you worked through it. 

All that I can add is that video editing is such a computer intensive job, there can be rare surprise anomalies that show up.  It is probably near impossible to duplicate what happened.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Bill!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines