Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too much time spent editing

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community, 

I love Premiere Elements 2020 and i'm getting better at it but i spend way to much time editing.  Always the same problem; images not sharp enough (out of focus) and light (too yellow or too white).  I use a Fuji Finepix S8300 and the 'built in' Camera on my laptop (HP Probook).  

It's fair bet that better equipment would help.  However, there's a lot to consider; focus (manual/auto) and white balance seem to be my biggest concerns.  But, I'm a novice so there might be more to consider that I don't even know.

From what I have read the Panasonic HC-V770 Camcorder ($500-$600) seems like a good choice for the novice.  It has a manual focus ring and manual settings for white balance.  This way I can start with 'auto focus' and 'automatic white balance' adjustment and dabble with the 'manual' until I get better. 

With regards to what I shoot: I work in a special needs school and given our covid situation I shoot a lot of video for our students that are particpating in virtual learning and distance learning.  So instructional videos that are filmed inside and outside the school are what I'm doing.  

Audio is also a consideration and I'm happy to say that the HC-V770 has a microphone (stereo mini) interface that allows me to purchase and use either a shotgun or lavalier mic (i'm pretty excited about that). 

Regarding light, my son purchased some studio lighting for me for Christmas - no more moving lamps around the room to create the best lighting.

I like what Ann Bens had written in a previous post: "It is valuable to know what one is good at and what one can better oneself in".  I'm getting better at editing but i could really better myself by shooting better clips.

Looking forward to a responses!

Thank you,

Brian

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit 1280x720 video from a Canon SX510 camera and I do not have either the focus or 'yellow' problems you have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From what I have read the Panasonic HC-V770 Camcorder ($500-$600) seems like a good choice for the novice.

I have owned a Panasonic HC-V727 (the predecessor of the V770) since 2014 & am pretty happy with it.  Have made a number of travel videos with it - (all outdoors, none indoors).

I use an attachable directional microphone with a wind-protector when required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines