• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tools and layers disappeared

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Elements 12 my tools, on the right, and layers, on the left, all disappeared. In the Window menu, Tools is checked but Layers is unchecked. I tried checking it but nothing happens. A post on this subject said to update Preferences, but I'm not sure what exactly to do there. Clicking Reset Panels didn't help either. Thanks so much for any suggestions.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows, and exactly which version of the operating system?

Has your operating system recently performed an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Home. (2004) It has continuous updates. By the way, when the tool and layer panels disappeared a screen showed up that has the tabs Quick Guided Expert at the top. I never use any of those. Thanks, John!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will GUESS that "something" about a recent Windows update has changed how your computer works "just enough" to cause problems

I do not know if this will help, but it is the only idea I have

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestions, but somehow I just fixed the problem. In frustration I started clicking (again!) on everything in sight. I think what worked was choosing Reset Panels (in Window) followed by clicking on Expert. I sure wish I knew what I had clicked on to cause the problem in the first place! But at least it's fine for now and thanks again for your time! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines