• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Total noob-need help with crop and zoom effects

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to crop a video clip and then zoom in so that the picture is closer to filling the screen, but I can only get it to zoom in to fill the exact dimensions of the screen, which distorts the image. Is there a way to customize how you zoom? Maybe there is another solution I am looking for, but I just don't know how to find. I'm a complete newbie at working with this stuff, so any help is appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you are cropping the picture proportionally, the zoom will remain proportional. You can ensure you are cropping proportionally by doing so numerically in the Applied Effects panel and making sure that you're using the same crop values for each side. There's no other way to lock the aspect ratio in this tool.

On the other hand, if all you want to do is zoom in on your video, it might be easier to just change the settings for Scale under the Motion effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I change the scale settings in the Motion effects, and that worked like a charm. I appreciate your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please mark this question as correctly answered, jannakt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines