• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking Multiple Trim Points

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PRE 12 and Windows 10. I am working on a movie consisting of numerous clips. I am editing one clip at a time, starting with a review of the entire clip, noting (using time) the areas that are candidates for trimming. Then I go back and review again, this time actually deciding and doing the trimming. The problem is that once I have trimmed at one point, all the other downstream times change, so I lose my time reference points for additional cuts.

What I am trying to do does not seem unusual, so I suspect my method is at fault, since I am new to PRE. Advice would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

Ted

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried editing your clips with the Favorite Moments tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, thanks for your reply. The FM tool looks very helpful based on some online descriptions. Unfortunately, I am still on PRE 12, and I do not find the FM tool.

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other option would be for your to create sub-clips of each trim by dragging each trimmed clip to the Project Assets panel (with the panel in List View).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am new at PE and am working on a similar-sounding project. This sounds rather simplistic, but would it be possible to do your trimming from the end and working forward clip by clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what we're recommended, Gil. It's just that that process can be a bit tedious.

For owners of current versions of Premiere Elements, the Favorite Moments and (in version 2018) the Smart Trim tool enables you to do this with several clips at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines