Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcoding error PE12

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro, E5-1620 @3.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit OS, 200GB free disk space

PE12 was downloaded from Adobe and reinstalled today - Ver 12.0 (20130921.main.567661)

Attempting to burn DVD, almost immediate transcoding error.

Source files are AVI files, widescreen.

I've been at this for hours and have performed considerable troubleshooting steps.

Burned multiple projects last weekend without trouble.

Returned to new projects today and Windows prompted for permission to install new OneDrive icons (this is the only known change to my system, an indication that possibly Windows updates were installed).  I checked history and the last updates to be installed were 10 days ago.

A new project encountered "Transcoding error".  I tried last weekend's projects, also had same error.

Searched the forum, tried a few suggestions, no improvements.

Uninstalled Adobe Creative Cloud, PE12 and PS12.  Reboot.

Downloaded newest bits from Adobe (although they are the same as what was installed.

Reinstalled only PE12.

It works!

Created and burned three simple projects.

Fails on the fourth.

I try previous projects.  Fails.

I uninstall and reinstall again.  No help, same problem.

Try to burn last project from today that worked, it begins encoding.  Success.

I try multiple new projects that are ultra simple.  Fail.

I try last project that worked today.  Now fails after succeeding only minutes earlier.

I tried a project with a still picture.  Fail.

I'm out of ideas.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this very troubling "Transcoding Error" issue received no responses when it was posted more than a year ago. Apparently nobody has any clue about the origin.

Today I would like to report a very similar experience that appeared suddenly out of the blue:

(0) For starters, here are my basic parameters:

i5-5300 CPU @ 2.3 Hz, 8 GB RAM, 64 Bit, Windows 7 prof., service pack 1, Intel HD graphics card 5500

internal SSD hard disc 250 GB with 128 GB free space

plus external hard disc 2TB with 1 TB free space

(1)  Premiere Elements 12

I have been using this now successfully since many years and produced so far an estimated total of about 50 hours of HD video with multiple copies, both on Bluray and DVD. Since I had mixed experience with older Versions of Premiere Elements, I have so far resisted to try other versions of the program, but this may change now.

(2) Brief description of the recent problem

(a) Three weeks ago I experienced for the first time this notorious "Transcoding Error": I was trying to produce a DVD from an old 1-hour long HD video project that I had previously only burned to Bluray, and was stunned to get a transcoding error almost immediately at 0% of the transcoding process. I could not investigate this perplexing error at the time, as I had to travel to attend a weeklong family affair.

(b) Back home I did not right away attend to that unresolved transcoding error issue, but immediately started to produce a new video from that family affair. Again I was planning to generate DVDs, as many of my relatives have no bluray players yet. The editing of the video material (the usual mix of 1920 x 1080 video with still images, scaled to fit the video frame format) went smooth, but upon burning to DVD again that "Transcoding Error" of two weeks ago occured.

(c) Initially I suspected that something in the video timeline was corrupt and I started to deactivate large portions of the project in order to narrow down the location of the problem. To make a long story short: I ended up eventually with a single still image frame of six seconds duration. And bang, even this trivial task produced the transcoding abort right at the start of the DVD production.

(3) Conclusion

> The transcoding error does not seem to have any origin in the edited video material itself. It appears even on trivial input material or on old video material that was successfully burned to bluray or dvd some time ago.

> Apparently something has changed on my computer that affects the interplay with Adobe, but what could that be?

(4) So what can be done? I contacted the local Adobe customer service. She suggested three different options:

> deinstall/reinstall Adobe

> generate a new user account under administrative control

> start computer in simplified mode

So far, I have not attempted either of those suggestions. I am contemplating yet another option: installing the most recent version of Adobe Premiere Elements, which is actually in the mail. I hope this will be backwards compatible so that I can import the PE12 file without problems.

Any thoughts and comments would of course be appreciated. If the starter of the post (jefferyh) still reads here, it would of course be interesting to learn, if and how he managed to resolve the problem.

Cheers, Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the answer.  But, I suspect it has to do with your DVD drivers because of a similar issue with my computer after a Windows 10 upgrade.

Be cautious of Premiere Elements 2018.  Premiere Elements is not designed to be backwards compatible.   Depending on features you used in your earlier version 12, version 2018 may corrupt the project files.  On the other hand, it might work.   A good strategy is to use only a copy of the old project, try it and see.

Also, be aware that 2018 removed the capability of burning Blu-Rays.  I can't justify it or explain it.  It is what it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did anyone find the solution for this? I just have tried to burn a project and am running into the exact same problem. I can get my projec to burn but it will not play on my DVD player just on my computer. So I have attempted to burn to a folder thinking I might use another program for the burn then I just got a transcoding error on the last phase, the burn phase. Did you ever find a solution to any of this?  I know that this is an old post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines