• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transfer of clips from one project to another (elements 11.0)

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is it possible (and how) to transfer a clip or a title with all its features and keyframes from one project to another one.

E.g. you have a title with a selected font, colour, size, shaddow etc. as well as some movements and you want to use it in several projects.

Thanks for your help, Wolfgang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instruction manual for version 13 has instructions for it.  I'm using PrE version 2018 and it appears to have been eliminated.  It may be that version 11 will do it the same way as version 13. 

My personal work around is to save a project in a renamed "template" file.  Then open it and delete all but the titles I want to use.  Next, save that template project with a file name for a new project and add the new media.   It is a little clunky but my projects are relatively short and it works for me.

Cut and paste from the PrE 13 instructions:

"Export a title file

You can export a title from Premiere Elements to a file for use in another Premiere Elements project.

1  In the Expert view, click Project Assets to open the Project Assets panel.

2  Select the title you want to export as a separate file.

3  Choose File > Export > Title.

4  Specify the name and location for the saved title file, and click Save.

Import a title file

You can import a title into a project that was exported from another Premiere Elements project.

1  In the Expert view, click Project Assets to open the Project Assets panel.

2  Right-click/Ctrl-click on the Project Assets panel and select Get Media From > Files And Folders.

3  Locate and select a title and click Open."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, it works in the same way in PrE11.

That helps a little for titles. Unfortunately it works only for titles - not for other clips - and it transfers only the pure title but not its keyframes (where you invest the most work if it is animated).

Your work around is good but assumes that you start with a new project. If you have already a project where you want to take over a (motivated) title from another project, it doesn't work.

But again, thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines