• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer of photo catalog from Premier Elements 5 to PRE 2018?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finally going to upgrade from Premier Elements 5 to Premiere Elements 2018.  Is this an easy upgrade or are there any problems transferring all my catalog data, etc.?  Is there a best way to go about this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a leap of over 10 years, Rich. So no guarantees.

But when you install Premiere Elements 2018 and open the Organizer, it should locate the old catalog and offer to update it to 2018.

If it doesn't offer, you can go to the Organizer's File menu and select Manage Catalogs, then browse to your old catalog. Where this catalog is located depends on what operating system you're using.

At least that's how it works when upgrading from recent versions of the program. I can't guarantee it will work with a catalog that old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines