• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transitions not working

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Premiere Elements 14 successfully for several years and recently the Cross dissolve and Fade to black transitions stopped working (possibly others as well). After trying to resolve this problem without success I decided to upgrade.

I re-installed Windows 10 completely and purchased and installed Premiere Elements 2019 and BOOM .... transitions will not work. I can drag and drop say, the cross dissolve transition onto the timeline over the split between any 2 clips and set the time, say 3 seconds and ensure that it is centered. It displays as an aqua box over the split but does absolutely nothing. If I scrub along the time-line over the transition it has no effect and if I export to MP4 there is no cross fade.

Capture.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very strange anomaly!  Especially so because it is on two different versions but the same computer. 

Guessing at possibilities: 

1.  How much available RAM

2.  How much available disk space

3.  What is the computer configuration and processor?

3.  It this only in the editing preview?  Does the transition show up in the output?

4.  On the Settings > General page, what is the setting for Hardware Acceleration?

5.  On the same page, what is the setting for Timeline Render Quality

6.  What is the source media?  Where did it come from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want the transition centered use even duration numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines