• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transparent rectangle with outline, arrows as shape (not as image)

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to show a frame in Adobe Premiere 2019. I can't find how to set the line width,. the frame type and the color for a rectangle (that shouldn't have a fill itself).

Is it possible to set an arrow as shape?
Where can I find that?

TOPICS
FAQ , Feature request , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to create the arrow in another program, like Photoshop Elements, and save it as a backgroundless PSD or PNG.

Here is one I created.Arrow.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
thank you for the answer. But unfortunately for me this is not satisfactory. It's very awkward. Other programs, even free ones, have very simple possibilities here.
The fact that Adobe obviously offers nothing comparable here is very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Other programs, even free ones, have very simple possibilities here."

I would like to learn more about this.  Which programs do you reccomend?  Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, I use AVS video-editor. Here it is very easy to insert an arrow or a frame.

On the subject of frames:

Obviously, in Premiere, under "Color" you can also set the line width. But this option is greyed out - so it is not active!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reference to AVS Video Editor.   I didn't install it so can't comment on the ease of adding arrows, boxes and circles.   It did motivate me to revisit my notes and files.  I had forgotten how easy it is in Premiere Elements.  The trick was remembering how.   

All that is necessary is to put the graphic on a line above your primary video.  The hard part is that it has to be a .png or .psd file with a "clear" background.  Once on the video line above the primary footage, you can select the file move, stretch and manipulate.   

Once motivated to look in my notes I remembered I have a section on my drive where I save music tracks, sound effects and even a folder for arrows, boxes and other graphics.  I can (try!) to make them available (DropBox?) if you want.  (I tried the one Steve put up above and, although big and bold, it works well.)

I don't understand when you wrote, "under "Color" you can also set the line width".  I would like to try to figure that out if you give me more about where it is.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I don't understand when you wrote, "under "Color" you can also set the line width". "

I think the OP wants an arrow with a stroke of a different color and size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I point out in my books, one of the tricks here is to apply a Text Style to your drawing that includes a border. (Yes, apply a text style to your drawing.) This will then allow you to color the border or stroke and fill seperately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines