Exit

Trim Project Assets Videos

Contributor ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Here is my scenario.

I have a lot of very large video files being used in my project assets for my project. I have now finished editing my video and I now want to trim the project assets on my hard drive (pointing to my project) to save on disk space. In other words I only want video on my local hard drive that is being used in the project, the rest can be discarded.

Why do I want to do this? At a later stage I may want to juggle the order of the footage around, therefore I want to keep my edit point. I will not be introducing new footage however, only existing in the project. I need to save disk space. Note I have the original files (backups) on my server for all the video sources in my project assets, so I don't really care if I discard footage on the local hard drive (they are just copies).

Now I appreciate I can bounce and export everything down to one video (which is pretty much the whole point of Adobe Premiere Elements) , but that won't keep my edit points or project markers, unless I keep all the footage I have.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

TOPICS
Export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like just the job...thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. icon_biggrin.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines