Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trimming 100fps video

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apologies for the newbie question but I’ve searched the forum and can’t find an answer to this.

I’ve recorded footage in 100fps and want to use it as slow motion in a 25fps video (PAL), combined with other footage shot at 25fps. Before I put it into the timeline, I’d like to trim the footage and cut frames from both the start and the end of the clip, as I do with all footage to ensure the overall video has the appearance I like. When I trim 25fps footage and export (save) the clips this is fine, but when I trim the 100fps and attempt to export (save) the clips I run into trouble as Premiere Elements will only allow me to export (save) the clip at a maximum of 50fps (or 60fps if I was in a NTSC region).

Surely videographers edit 100/120fps footage all the time and save the clips for use in single or multiple projects, don’t they? Could anyone please tell me how I can save these edited clips and retain the original frame rate? I know the 100fps footage is going to be slowed down by 4x when watched in the overall 25fps video, but if I trim the 100fps footage and save it as a 50fps file I will have lost half the frames and will only be able to slow it down by 2x, thus losing much of the appeal.

Many thanks in advance. Tim.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The specs of your movie are determined by your project settings rather than the specs of your source video.

In other words, even if you put a 1000 fps video into Premiere Elements, the program would be interpolated to whatever specs you have set your project.

Premiere Elements project settings can not exceed 60 fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines