• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trimming shows no image in monitor

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to trim a clip in Premiere Elements 2020 Expert mode by going to the end of the clip, hovering over it so that the directional symbol shows, and then clicking and draging, I the monitor shows only the image of the next clip. There is no image of where I am in the clip that I am trying to trim. What am I doing wrong? Thank you very much. 

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The monitor only shows the frame where the CTI  (current time indicator) is positioned.   Perhaps you can move the CTI to where you want the clip to end.  Then grab the end of the clip and move it to the CTI.  Perhaps more often, people will cut the clip and delete the unwanted portion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm watching a YouTube course by Steve Grisetti called Adobe Premiere Elemets 2020 Basic Training and the teaching screen shows two images in the monitor, one of where the editing is happening in the clip and the other of the first image in the next clip. I can see that the method you have described (kind of like splitting, right?) would work too, however, and may even be more precise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines