Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Publishing and exporting Premiere Elements 13 video

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have a two part question:

First, When I try to publish/share my video under the "playback on this computer or burning DVD" option, the rendered version will only play audio, but it won't play the video on my PC with Windows 10 through Windows Media Player. I have upgraded to 13.1. I uploaded the video to my Google Drive and the video does play. Ultimately, I need to upload the video as a job resume to Youtube and I fear I will have playback problems. What am I doing wrong?

Secondly, the video appears to be a low resolution. What setting do I use to make my video appear HD on Youtube? I'm not very tech savvy, so I went with the first choice "NTSC DVD Standard", which obviously is a mistake.

I've attached 2 pictures. The first is the drop down menu with my choices for export, and the 2nd shows what I see when I try to play back my finished video through Windows Media Player. Thank you very much for your help.

IScreen grab.JPGwill not play.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DVDs are standard resolution, which is why your output is standard resolution. Also, Windows Media Player does not play all file formats well. I highly recommend replacing it with the excellent VLC Media Player.

That said, you don't say what you plan to do with the video you're outputting, but MPEGs have a very limited use because they use interlaced video framing.

I'd recommend instead you use the AVCHD output with the YouTube HD preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it! You saved me tons of headache!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines