Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubles to work with AVCHD MTS files in PE2021

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am using Premier Elements version 12 (upgraded from 11) for a many years. Currently I\m looking for whats is new in PE2021.

So I install the trial copy to my comp operating under Win10 (Intel 2500k, 16Gb, SSD) and realized that it's crushed every time I tryed to import and work with my camera (Panasonic HC-V770) MTS fullHD files (1920x1080 60p)

I do not think this is usual behavior of the software, so please can anybody advise my to do something to fix the problem? May be I need to install some video libs or anything else?

My PE12 on the same computer works fine with the files. Both PE12 and PE2021 recognizes MTS video correctly as AVCHD 1080p videous 59,94 frames/sec. But afterI put the video on timeline in Expert mode, PE2021 plays the video not smooth, with some interraptions and usuallycrashes when I try to edit or view/rewind.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There could be any number of factors at work. 

Assuming version 12 worked fine on the same computer you're trying to install version 2021 on. What operating system are you using? Which processor do you have and how much RAM? 

What happens if you open a new project and you add just a few photos to it? Does the program still crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I noted in my first message, I use Windows 10 home edition (64bit). Intel i5-2500k, 16Gb memory. At least 5-8 GB RAM is available. The PE video preview behavior you can compare here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTaIZ3LmAsQ

When I open a new project and add just a few photos program is working fine.

Anyway, Im working mostly with MTS so I need the new PE2021 allows me to work with MTS smoothly (preview) and without crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has changed about the way Premiere Elements handles MTS files. Is this video from a standard AVCHD camcorder?

Since you're not having trouble working on a small project, there may be some  challenges with the file itself. You don't have a terribly powerful computer, but it should be able to work with standard AVCHD.

Open one of your MTS files in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and copy the report it generates and paste it to this forum. This will allow us to see the detailed specs of your video and maybe see what's challenging the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I have realized for the moment:

- Playback quality in PE2021 "automatic" makes the video unsmooth on my system. If I choose Highest, playback is the same good as in PE12 with the "automatic". So it was settings issue.

- System crash seems happens when I open my old PE12 projects in PE2021 - so it could be some incapability with text/adjustments layers or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would highly recommend against opening a version 12 project in version 2021. Premiere Elements has never been backward compatible, and opening a project that old with a newer version of the program is likely to lead to bugginess and possible project file corruption.

As I've said in my books for years, always finish a project in the same version of the program you started it in. And, if you want to try to open an old project in a new version of the program, save a copy of the file in case it destroys the project completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines