• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to Choose a Windows based computer, suggestions?

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been on hold for freaking 2 hours, all I want to ask is what are any suggested windows based computers to run a current Adobe Premiere Elements that I already have. I do not want to switch to Apple unless last resort. Many gaming laptops say they video edit well but in forums I read a lot of people who have had issues with Adobe not jiving well with the operating systems....? Some have great success. 

TOPICS
Tips and tricks , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on my second gaming computer.  I broke the first one made by ASUS.  The current one is a Lenevo Legion I bought at Costco for $1100.  Both had i7 CPUs, a SSD, and HDD and 16GB of RAM.  Windows 10 is fine.   The drives on the newer one are bigger.   It works very well at running Premiere Elements, Photoshop Elements, Lightroom, Photoshop, Rush and even Premiere Pro.  Word and Excel also work.  

I suspect that forums attract the small minority that have odd issues.  I see no reason a brand name gamer laptop won't do what you need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty much in the same boat: not ready/unwiling to switch to Apple products and not willing to pay $3500 that some are asking.  Watching this thread for all the answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gaming computers don't always make the best video editing computers. They'd be particularly overkill for Premiere Elements, which doesn't use your graphic card.

Any computer with Windows 10 Pro running a processor that rates at least a 8,000-10,000 on these benchmark tests will be more than adequate. 12 gig of RAM or more. Lots of hard drive space. That's all you need.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Steve except that laptops are packaged.  The gaming laptop packages with the better CPUs were better priced than laptops with similar specifications.  It is always a moving target.  If you don't need the portability of a laptop it may be easier to find computers with higher end CPUs that don't include graphics cards.  

A safe option is buying from a big box store or national online source that has some satisfaction guarantees.  Get the computer and install the free trial of Premiere Elements.  If it doesn't work, excercise the option with the computer retailer to return it.  

This really can be risk free!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines