• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to import m4a music

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to import m4a music file to Adobe Premiere 7, I've got the error message “This type of file is not supported, or the required codec is not installed”.
Please help. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is music from iTunes, it's the iTunes rights protection software that's the problem. iTunes will not allow you to use its music in a video project.

Other music sites, like Amazon, don't have this type of software protection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In some cases you may be able to convert m4a to mp3 and use the file.   Google for m4a converter.   And, please be aware of copyright law and ethics. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, it's a voice note I recorded on my iPhone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google search for "m4a convert to mp3" and you will see several options.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although Premiere Pro supports M4A audio files, some protected AAC audio files are not compatible with Premiere Pro. The workaround is to use reliable iTunes Music to MP3 converter to convert iTunes M4A audios to MP3 format. My trick to successfully achieve that is by using AudiFab Apple Music Converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines